DPU - Sanitation and Recycling
Red Bank, NJ 07701
- West of Broad Street: TUESDAY & FRIDAY
- East of Broad Street: MONDAY & THURSDAY
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Saturday 8:00AM to 3:00PM.
The recycling yard is located at the foot of West Sunset Ave. The facility provides residents with a valuable service that is not available to many of our neighbors in surrounding communities. As such, we must insist on proof of Red Bank residency prior to allowing you to dispose of your unwanted items. Please be certain to have appropriate identification in your possession before arriving at the site. Recyclable items may be dropped off at the Borough's Recycling Center during its regular hours of operation. The center is located at the foot of West Sunset Avenue.
- Borough Ordinance 19-11.1
- Household batteries may be brought to the Recycling Center, DPW Building, Senior Center and Borough Hall.
- Plastic bags may be brought to the Municipal Building, DPW Building and Recycling Center.
Business and Residential: Glass, tin, aluminum, newspaper, class 1 & 2 plastics are limited to one (1) 32-gallon container. Cardboard must be tied with string.
Zone 1: 2014 West of Broad Street
- January 8th and 22th
- February 5th and 19th
- March 5th and 19th
- April 2nd, 16th and 30th
- May 14th and 28th
- June 11th, 25th
- July 9th and 23th
- August 6th and 20nd
- September 3th and 17th
- October 1st, 15th, 29th
- November 12th and 26th
- December 10th, 24th
Zone 2: 2014 East of Broad Street
- January 15th, 29th
- February 12th, 26th
- March 12th and 26th
- April 9th, 23th
- May 7th, 21th
- June 4 th, 18th
- July 2nd, 16 th, 30th
- August 13th 27th
- September 10th 24th
- October 8th 22th
- November 5th 19th
- December 3rd, 17th, 31st
NOTICE: The Borough Public Works Department will suspend pick ups of bulky or metal items beginning January thru March 2009 for the winter season. You are advised to call the Public Works Department at (732) 530-2770 or check here for information on our schedule.
- Bulk Curbside Collection: Curbside collection is in effect from April thru October call to confirm the collection.
- Brush Curbside Collection: Curbside collection is in effect from April thru November 15th, call to confirm the collection.
- Leaf Collection: Begins the 4th Monday of October and ends the 4th Friday in December.
- Christmas Trees: Begins the first week of January until the second week of February.
- Remove all decoration, ornaments, tinsel and stands from trees before placing them curb side
- Please note that artificial trees should not be placed curb side for pickup
Special Pick Ups
For special pick ups, residents must call the Public Works Department at (732)530-2770 and arrange to be put on special Bulk Pick Up List. You will be given a date for the collection. (Household furniture, Washers, Refrigerators) No furniture or bulky waste shall be accepted from non-residential, including mix use properties.
- Borough Ordinance 19-10.1
- There are TWO (2) Zones within the Borough of Red Bank that are shown on the map located below.
- Zone One (1) will be picked up on the Second (2nd) Thursday of each month and Zone Two on the Third (3rd) Thursday of each month.
In order to run the Bulky Waste and Brush Curbside Collection Program in an efficient and timely manner, which will benefit all residents, we ask for your cooperation in abiding by the following, rules and regulations:
Brush and Bulky Waste should be placed at curbside no earlier than twenty-four (24) hours prior to the scheduled pickup date for your area and no later than 5:00 AM on the day of the scheduled pickup for your area. Prior to placing your items at the curb, please call the Department of Public Utilities at (732)530-2770 so we can confirm the collection.
No more than two (2) cubic yards (6x3x3) of brush and/or bulky waste, will be collected from a residence during the scheduled pickup. Piles must be neatly placed, separated and organized according to type.
Bulky waste items must be separated into metal and non metal piles. All small, loose items must be contained in a secure receptacle. In addition, all brush must be placed separately.
Brush will be collected at the same time as bulky waste. Tree limbs and branches shall be placed loose at the curb line, with no piece exceeding four (4') feet in length, in piles not to exceed three (3) feet in height and extending more than two (2) feet from the curb line into the roadway and not to exceed two (2) cubic yards. Tree parts must be smaller than three (3) inches in diameter to be accepted for collection. No other debris or solid waste shall be mixed in with the brush. Brush will only be accepted on the dates scheduled for your zone. No logs, stumps, grass clippings, evergreens with roots, or debris from land clearing will be collected.
All lumber, posts and fencing (both metal and wood) must be no longer than 4 feet and all nails removed.
Construction material, ash, dirt etc. automotive parts, dead animals, surgical dressings, motor oil, hazardous waste, tires, paint, propane tanks concrete or posts with concrete, i.e. swing sets, etc. They may be taken to the Monmouth County Reclamation Center located in Tinton Falls, N.J. (732)918-0142.
2014 Bulk & Brush Pick Up: West of Broad Street by Appointment Only - Call (732) 530-2770
- Jan. Feb. Mar. SUSPENDED
- April 10th
- May 8th
- June 12th
- July 10th
- August 14th
- September 11th
- October 9th
- Nov. Dec. SUSPENDED
2014 Bulk & Brush Pick Up: East of Broad Street by Appointment Only - Call (732) 530-2770.
- Jan. Feb. Mar. SUSPENDED
- April 17th
- May 15th
- June 19th
- July 17th
- August 21th
- September 18th
- October 16th
- Nov. Dec. SUSPENDED
NOTICE: The Borough Public Works Department will suspend pick ups of bulk and brush pick-up from November thru March.
The water leak hotline number is 732.530.2691. If it’s emergency please call the Police Department at 730.530.2700.
To obtain an estimate please call the office at 732-530-2770
There is no obligation and the estimate is valid for 90 days.
- Begin the 3rd Monday in May
- Ends the 4th Friday in June
- Begin the 1st Monday in October
- Ends the 1st Friday in November
During this period a temporary drop in water pressure and or a slight discoloration may occur. If discoloration does occur, let tap water run a sufficient time to clear.