News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/25/2020 12:21:36 PM to 11/25/2020 12:26:35 PM.
Borough of Red Bank News
Posted on: November 25, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Borough of Red Bank News Update (November 25, 2020)
- The Borough of Red Bank Mayor, Councilmembers and municipal team would like to wish you and your loved ones a healthy and happy Thanksgiving. Everyone is asked to heed the advice and guidance from the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html) and the NJ Department of Health (https://covid19.nj.gov/) to prepare and protect yourself, your family and the community.
- Monmouth County is offering free COVID-19 testing at various locations, including Red Bank. No appointments are necessary and you do not have to be symptomatic. Visit the Monmouth County COVID-19 resource page for testing information and other economic assistance programs.
- The Borough of Red Bank Municipal Building remains closed to the public. All municipal employees continue to report to work and are serving the public by telephone, e-mail, regular mail or fax. Contact information for various municipal offices and employees as well as online services are available on the Borough website (www.redbanknj.org). However, individuals may make an appointment for assistance with matters that cannot be addressed remotely by contacting the appropriate department. Municipal offices will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- The remaining scheduled Council meetings for 2020 include a Workshop Meeting on Wednesday, December 2nd, 6:30 p.m. and a Regular Meeting on Wednesday, December 16th, 6:30 p.m. Because of the restrictions on public gatherings that impact the ability of the Borough of Red Bank to meet in the traditional manner of gathering at the municipal building, the Mayor & Council will conduct this meeting using electronic means that will allow for the public to participate. Participation information is published on the Borough website (www.redbanknj.org). Agendas are published at https://www.redbanknj.org/AgendaCenter
- Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday this week, curbside trash collection normally scheduled for Thursday, November 26th will occur on Friday, November 27th (the next day).
- One more curbside leaf collection will occur in December according to the published season schedule. Residents may not place leaves at the curb prior to the announced dates. For dates and more information, visit https://www.redbanknj.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=243
- By law, a portion of properties must be inspected for tax assessment purposes over a rolling five-year period. The information will be used to ensure fair and uniform tax distribution. The Borough's contracted inspection company, Realty Data Systems (RDS), will be performing the next round of annual inspections soon. Affected property owners will receive postcard notices. Interior in-person and virtual inspections will be given as an option. All exteriors will be in person (homeowners not present). Inspectors come unannounced and leave a door hanger with phone numbers to schedule a virtual interior inspection or a physical inspection can be done at the time of this visit. Inspectors will have identification.
- The New Jersey Department of Transportation announced the award of a $220,000 grant to Red Bank. The grant award, as part of the NJDOT FY2021 Municipal Aid Grant Program, will assist the Borough with the rehabilitation of South Street from Branch Avenue to Pinckney Road. The total cost of the resurfacing project is estimated to be $454,000 and will include milling and paving, concrete work for certain sidewalks, driveways, and curbs. This project will be scheduled in the Borough of Red Bank's 2021-2022 Road Improvement Program.
- To celebrate the holiday season safely and ensure compliance with gathering limits and social distancing, Red Bank's Department of Parks and Recreation will be hosting the annual Tree Lighting on Facebook Live this year. Musical performances by local students will bring the holiday cheer and Mayor Menna, with help from the North Pole's Red Bank office, will count down to the lighting. Join the festivities on Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/RBParksandRec on Friday, December 4th, 6:00 p.m. (No in-person attendees will be permitted.)
- Monmouth County ACTS has published a Community Resource Guide in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to provide assistance for seniors in a wide range of information and contacts for food delivery, pharmacies, caregiver support, financial assistance and so much more. The COVID-10 Community Resource Guide is available on www.MonmouthACTS.org/covid19
- NJ Mental Health Cares, the state’s behavioral health information and referral service, is offering help to people dealing with anxiety and worry related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. New Jerseyans can call 1-866-202-HELP (4357) for free, confidential support. NJ Mental Health Cares will be answered from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week by live trained specialists.