With winter officially here, it is time to remind everyone of some of our policies regarding snow removal and parking.
Please remember it is the responsibility of all property owners, occupants, tenants and/or supervisors, to ensure that all public walkways are clear of snow and ice within 24 hours of snowfall. If the ice is frozen and unpractical to remove, the walkway should be sprinkled with salt or sand. Those who do not comply will receive a warning from the Code Enforcement Office followed by a summons.
Also, while not required by Borough Ordinance, walkways from the street to the doorway should also be cleared to give mail carriers and others access to your door. The Post Office notes that carriers are not required to deliver mail to an address that they determine to pose a hazard. For more information on Red Bank Code Enforcement, call 732-530-2760. To speak to a representative of the Post Office, call 732-741-9200.
Overnight parking is prohibited on all Red Bank streets. This ordinance will be strictly enforced during inclement weather to facilitate snow plowing. Any cars left on the street will be ticketed or towed. In addition, several streets have a total ban on parking whenever they are snow covered. Details of this policy and a list of those streets is below. For more information, call the Red Bank Parking Office at 732-345-8135 or the Police Department at 732-530-2700.
It is imperative that all vehicles be removed from the Borough roadways as snow begins to accumulate. It is MANDATORY that vehicles be removed from all posted SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES (listed below) and any roadways where temporary No Parking signs are posted by the Police Department. Vehicles in violation will be ticketed and are subject to impound. Residents who do not have off street parking available to them may park in the Count Basie Park Lot and in the eastern portion of the Mechanic Street Parking Lot.
In accordance with the provisions of Chapter § 680-3J of the Municipal Code, whenever a snowfall covers a road, no person shall allow or permit a vehicle to be parked on any of the following streets, or parts of streets:
• Bodman Place Both From Riverside Avenue to the end
• Broad Street Both From Harding Road to Front Street
• Brower Place Both From Morford Place to Bridge Avenue
• Canal Street Both From Broad Street to Hudson Avenue
• Catherine Street Both From Leighton Avenue to Tilton Avenue
• Chapin Avenue Both From Munson Place to the western end
• Drummond Place Both Monmouth Street to Peters Place
• Hudson Avenue Both From Linden Place to Harding Road
• Linden Place Both From Broad Street to Spring Street
• Mechanic Street Both From Broad Street to Spring Street
• Monmouth Street Both From Broad Street to Shrewsbury Avenue
• Morford Place Both From Front Street to Brower Place
• Tilton Avenue Both From Catherine Street to River Street
• Wallace Street Both From Broad Street to Spring Street
• Waverly Place Both From Broad Street to Maple Avenue
• White Street Both From Broad Street to Maple Avenue