Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Show All Answers
In order to obtain a firearm, you must meet eligibility requirements and comply with the statutes which govern firearms purchases in the State of New Jersey. https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/firearms-faqs.shtml
All firearms applications for residents of Red Bank are handled through the Police Department’s Records Bureau. If you need guidance with the application process or have questions, please call 732-530-2712.
Firearms Application Process and Requirements
The process involves making application for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and along the way, requires you to submit to a background investigation by both state and federal agencies, supply references, be fingerprinted, and consent to a mental health records check.
There are two types of purchase permits in New Jersey—the Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and the Permit to Purchase a Handgun.
Applicants should anticipate the process taking approximately 30-60 days once all necessary documents are received. Incomplete or missing information may delay the process, as will the failure of your references to respond in a timely manner.
Please begin the process by first make sure your address is in the Borough of Red Bank. Your zip code of 07701 is only for mail delivery and many addresses are in Middletown Township, Shrewsbury Borough, or Fair Haven Borough. You can only make a FARS application to Red Bank if you physically live in Red Bank Borough.
Next Visit the NJSP website https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/Fars and enter the ORI# for Red Bank Borough: NJ0134000
Complete the online application. You will need the email addresses of 2 reputable references.
You will be receiving automated email updates throughout this new process.
Once your application is complete, a department representative will contact you when the process is complete. Please advise your references that the FARS system will email them the reference questions to be answered.
The online application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the best phone numbers for yourself and references as well as the best email addresses for yourself and references.
If you are obtaining a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card or Permit to Purchase Handgun for the first time, you must also submit the following:
Under 2C:58-3 (c) (11) and (d), the wording of the statute has been amended:
In order to obtain a permit to purchase a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card, the applicant shall demonstrate that, within four years prior to the date of the application, the applicant satisfactorily completed a course of instruction approved by the superintendent in the lawful and safe handling and storage of firearms. The applicant shall be required to demonstrate completion of a course of instruction only once prior to obtaining either a firearms purchaser identification card or the applicant's first permit to purchase a handgun.
If you are seeking a Permit to Carry a Handgun:
A permit to carry is required for any handgun—concealed or not—and it must be renewed every 2 years.
Only one permit needs to be obtained for all such handguns. Although a written qualification must be within six (6) months of application and include Instructors Name and Certification, make, model, caliber and serial numbers of each handgun you intend to carry.
To Begin the application please complete the following steps.
1. REQUIRED – NJ FID Card (New Jersey Firearms ID Card) – If you do not have a New Jersey FID card go to the following site to begin the process, https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/FARS
2. REQUIRED – Ownership of a handgun – If you have an FID card but do not have a handgun go to the following site to begin the process, https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/FARS
3. REQUIRED - When starting the process for a Permit to Carry application, contact a range or firearms training center where you can schedule a training course in gun safety and a handgun qualification. Upon completion, you will receive documents certifying that you completed the training. You will submit those documents along with your application to your local police department.
NOTE: The required Written Firearms Qualification, in accordance with N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4(B), can be obtained at most firearms ranges throughout the State of New Jersey. A list of shooting ranges for RPO Qualification can be obtained at:
4. REQUIRED APPLICATION– Complete the NJ Permit to Carry Application, and submit it with your qualifications, certifications, and documents to your local police department. The application can be obtained at: NJ PERMIT TO CARRY APPLICATION
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
A. Driver’s License and Birth Certificate OR Driver’s License and Passport OR Driver’s License and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card
B. Three (3) State of New Jersey Applications For Permit To Carry A Handgun, form SP642. Must be double sided and notarized. SP642
C. Four (4) color passport size photographs.
D. Consent for Mental Health Search, form SP066. SP066
E. Written proof of ownership and qualification with the handgun(s) you intend on carrying.
1. Proof of ownership can be a purchase receipt or purchase permit, or a notarized letter of ownership listing make, model, and serial number of handgun(s).
2. Written qualification must be within six (6) months of application and include Instructors Name and Certification, make, model, caliber and serial number of handgun(s) you intend to carry.
F. Money Order in the amount of $50.00 payable to; “Treasurer, State of New Jersey”
5. REQUIRED – Fingerprinting – all applicants (initial and renewal) for permit to carry a handgun must be fingerprinted. Instructions for fingerprinting will be provided at the time of application
** A NEW JERSEY PERMIT TO CARRY IS VALID FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM TIME OF APPROVAL.
** IF ANY OF THE PRECEDING IS NOT COMPLETE OR INCORRECT THE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-APPLY.
To view these forms, you will need the freely available Adobe Reader software installed on your computer, version 4 or higher.
These are “fillable forms” and may be filled out on your computer. Please note that a fillable form isn’t the same as electronic filing and it is not possible to electronically submit a form—you must print it out after entering the information.
Dumpster permits can be obtained through the Records Bureau Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm after approval by the Traffic Safety Bureau.
Procedure for requesting to plant a tree in the right of way
1. Send the request to the STC at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the request form.
2. STC will inspect the location to make sure it is an appropriate planting location
3. If it is determined that it is an appropriate planting location, STC will refer you to the List of STC Recommended Species for you to choose the tree species taking into consideration whether there are wires overhead or not
4. The following is required for planting the selected tree species
a. The tree should be planted by a known landscape company or nursery
b. The tree should be 3.-3.5" caliper in size at the time of planting.
c. The tree should be staked
d. The landscape company/nursery should guarantee the tree for 2 years
e. Planting should be either in the spring or fall depending on the tree species selected
5. Inform STC as soon as the tree has been planted
6. STC will inspect the tree. If it passes inspection, STC will install a gator/water bag on the tree.
7. Please fill the gator bag once a week until the tree has established itself, about a year or so.
Mail payment to:
Borough of Red Bank-Tax Collector
90 Monmouth Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
If you use your bank’s on-line payment feature, be aware that a check is produced by your institution and mailed to us. Give allow 7-10 days for this process.
Once the tax sale process has begun, only cash, certified checks, or money orders will be accepted.
If you require a receipt, please send the entire bill back with your payment, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Your bill will be receipted and returned to you.
Online payments will be accepted for tax and utility using your checking /savings accounts, debit cards or credit cards. The fees associated with using this feature do not go to the Borough; they are paid to the site provider. If you are listed for tax sale, you may not use this system after the 50th day preceding the tax sale date. (NJSA 5:30-9.2)
All requests to change a mailing address or mortgage provider must be in writing. Please call and ask for the form, or download the form from our website using the link provided below. If you are escrowing for taxes with a mortgage company, we need an Initial Authorization form from the mortgage company. This form, when signed by you, authorizes us to send your tax bill to the mortgage company. If you have paid off your mortgage, and are now making payments directly to the Borough, we need a signed, written notice to stop sending the original bills to the mortgage company.
AT NO TIME SHOULD YOU APPROACH THE LIEN HOLDER.
The request must include the date that you anticipate making payment and a statement of your legal interest in the property. You may be required to provide proof of identity - NJ Tax Sale Law only allows ‘interested parties’ the right to redeem.For the purpose of lien redemptions, accepted forms of payment are cash, certified check, or money order. The Collector will notify the Lien Holder that payment has been received, and request the lien certificate from the holder. This certificate will be forwarded to you.